How to get dressed (up): The 10 Commandments
BEAUTY TUTORIAL FOR GUYS: How to wear a suit without looking like a tool and/or a clown. 10 Commandments you must know!
10 Commandments: Thou shalt wear an undershirt.
- Either wear a crew neck or a high v-neck.
- Do not wear a wide v-neck unless you want to look like a bum in your grandfather’s clothes.
- Do not wear a wife beater unless you wanna look like a cast member from the Jersey Shore.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt forsake cuffs and pleats.
- Make sure you have pants with no cuffs or pleats.
- Cuffs and pleats are wrinkles. Who has wrinkles? Old people.
10 Commandments: Thine dress shirt shall flatter your figure.
- You don’t want a shirt that’s puffy and makes you look like a pirate.
- Your dress shirt (if it fits properly) should be snug around your mid section.
- Most importantly, make sure that your sleeves are long enough.
- Standing up with your hands at your sides. You want your cuff to completely cover your wrist and maybe end about an inch above your thumb.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt not wear short sleeves unless thou art a scientist.
- Do not under any circumstances wear a button down short sleeve dress shirt. Seriously. Just don’t do it.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt match thine accessories.
- Make sure your belt and your shoes match.
- That means, black and black or brown and brown.
10 Commandments: Thy tie shalt end at thine belt buckle.
- The tip of the tie should just barely brush up against the top of your belt buckle.
- If it’s too short, you look like a clown.
- If it’s too long, once again, you look like a clown.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt tie a full Windsor.
- When you’re tying your tie. Don’t use a half windsor, because they look sort of crooked and sadly uneven.
- Instead, always wear a full windsor. It looks much more strong and balanced and triangular.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt flash a bit of sleeve cuff.
- When you put on your jacket, the length of the jacket sleeve, should be just long enough that a quarter inch of your shirt cuff is showing from the bottom.
- Think of the sleeve cuff like cleavage. If you show too much, people will judge you. If you don’t show any, people will loose interest.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt button the top button on a two-button jacket.
- When you’re wearing a jacket or blazer, only button the top button.
- Do not EVER have both buttons buttoned on a two button jacket.
- And MOST importantly do not EVER unbutton the top one and have the bottom one buttoned.
10 Commandments: Thou shalt look super fly in thine jacket.
- Your jacket should fit snugly around your waist, so when it’s buttoned, you can only fit a couple fingers in there.
The 10 Commandments of How to Wear a Suit
Knowing how to wear a suit is a pivotal skill for almost any man. Wearing a suit is a simple task once you’ve read the 10 Commandments of How to Look Awesome in a Suit. The 10 commandments will teach you everything you need to know. Suit wear will never be easier after you have read the 10 Commandments of How to Wear a Suit.